We want young riders to be ready for summer! This two week program will be a fast paced reboot to get riders back into the swing of things and ready for a fantastic season ahead. Its all about developing existing skills and adding an element of early season fitness and goal setting.
Suitable for ages 11-15 who are confident riders.
- Participants must be close to, or at a Level 3 on our Youth Skills Level Guide.
- Our program has been curated around local and Calgary based riding to highlight the fantastic trails close to home. This is combined with professional instruction from coaches with years of experience working with kids and youth.
- This program was designed for strong-intermediate and experienced riders who have already developed a good mountain biking skillset. Our goal is to reinforce those skills, improve their fitness and have riders at the top of their game so they are ready to take on new challenges throughout the summer. Progression comes quickly when you have an early start!
Here's what we want your child to take away from the program:
- Feeling more comfortable on loose/ steep terrain.
- Able to ride blue size jumps and drops with confidence.
- A better understanding of fast, flowy, and safe lines down a trail.
- Better decision making skills when on new trails/ features.
- A reinforced understanding of skills riders have developed from previous seasons.
- Participants are required to have a performance oriented mountain bike with front suspension, hydraulic brakes and adequate gearing for climbing.
- Full suspension bikes are recommended.
- Participants must have enough endurance to sustain moderate climbing and to be able to complete an 8-10km loop in under 2 hours.
- See the description for Level 3 on our Youth Skills Level Guide.
- Our program consists of 2 rides per week for 2 consecutive weeks.
- One evening ride on Thursday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm in Calgary.
- Full day on Saturday from 9:30am to 3:30pm at West Bragg Creek/Moose Mountain.
- A calendar of the schedule can be found here.
- Session 1 - June 1st, 3rd, 8th and 10th
- Session 2 - June 15th, 17th, 22th and 24th
The 2 week program is 400 + GST for each participant.
- Small program with low coach to rider ratio - maximum of 6 riders per coach.
Our experienced coaches are PMBIA certified and have extensive experience coaching children in the Calgary area.
A well tuned bike
Helmet. A light weight full-face helmet or a removable chin bar is recommended.
Closed toed shoes, preferably something flat like a skate shoe
Other protective equipment like knee pads, elbow pads and sunglasses is recommended
Participants must have a way to carry their own snacks and water. (e.g. backpack or bottle cage & bike bag)
WHAT TO BRING
Snacks and water. (Food sharing is not allowed)
Warm, lightweight layers.
Waterproof shell / jacket.
Sun screen and bug spray.
Please feel free to get in touch. We would be happy to help you out!
You can find our full cancellation and refund policy on our Terms and Conditions page. We require 48 hours notice before the session starts to provide a refund in the event of a cancellation. Extra notice is appreciated!