CONFIDENCE. PERFORMANCE. PROGRESSION.
Are you considering your first enduro race, or do you have a few races under you belt and want to up your game? This 3-day course is for you! Coach Tyler Paksi, an ex-elite downhill racer, is going to show you the ropes. He is going to teach you the bike handling skills you will need to be confident and successful on race day.
Dates, Time and Location:
June 6, 13, and 20 2023
- 6pm to 9pm
- Riders will meet at Ings Mine Parking Lot in Kananaskis (https://goo.gl/maps/HzN4fhcrok3Nrkz96)
This course was designed to elevate your performance on the bike, whether it be for racing or your own personal goals. It is about developing your bike skills and teaching you the tools to prepare both mentally and physically. We want you to enter your first race confidently, improve your results on your next race or be a better rider on the trails when you are out having fun!
- This is a 3 day course. Each day will be structured to develop specific skills with practice time and one on one instructor feedback. This year we will have the Freelap Timing System as a part of our curriculum. We are excited to have data driven feedback!
- Training and development will take place on sections of trail in the Moose Mountain and Prairie Mountain networks. We will be working with you on skills such as advanced cornering, line selection, managing terrain, jumping and scrubbing.
Here is what you will take away from the program:
- Confidence! You will not be walking into a race unprepared.
- Bike handling skills and techniques focused on speed and consistency.
- New training tools that will help you progress as a racer in the future.
This program has been designed around an intermediate to advanced rider. The minimum skill level required is a Level 3 on our Rider Level Guide.
The Adult Performance Program is 325$ + GST for each participant.
- This is a small program with low coach to rider ratio - maximum of 4 riders per coach. The program will be led by Coach Tyler and there will be a second assistant coach to support the group.
Our experienced coaches are PMBIA certified with extensive experience coaching intermediate and advanced riders.
About Coach Tyler: He is a 2x Provincial Downhill Champion, 2x Provincial 4-Cross Champion and former 4-Cross World Cup competitor. Tyler is currently training to qualify for the Enduro World Series and has been expanding knowledge on nutrition, mental preparation and physical conditioning off the bike. Tyler is an elite athlete and will be sharing what he knows with you!
A well tuned bike
Full face helmets are mandatory. Most races require a full face anyways so we will train as if we are racing
- Knee pads
- Eye protection (goggles or riding glasses)
- Gloves and elbow pads are recommended
WHAT TO BRING
Food an water to support yourself.
- Basic tools like a pump, tire levers, flat repair kit (plugs or patches) and a multitool.
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Sun screen and bug spray
- Jacket and extra clothes just in case!
We will be communicating with participants via email. All registrants will receive a follow up email a couple weeks before the program starts with detailed information about the meeting location and links to our online waivers.
Please feel free to get in touch a firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to help you out!
You can find our full cancellation and refund policy on our Terms and Conditions page. We require 48 hours notice before the session starts to provide a refund in the event of a cancellation. Extra notice is appreciated!
Ready to register? Click here!