2023/2024 Winter Season Pass
Our new fatbike group rides are here! Rides will be guided by coach Grayson, who is a level 2 certified PMBIA instructor and experienced winter mountain biker. This ride will be catered to Level 3 and above. See our rider level guide for more information. Work on your skills and explore what the Calgary fatbike scene has to offer! For full details check out the description page here.
The Winter Season Pass Includes:
- 10 weekly rides that will be an average of 2.5 hours long.
- Mini coaching sessions every ride from our PMBIA certified coach t help you develop your skills.
- Talks about fatbike specific skills and gear.
- A fun, no-drop and inclusive environment.
- Rides will take place on Tuesday evenings from 6pm to 830pm.
- Rides begin on December 14 and run until February 27. Note that there are no rides on December 26 and January 2. A full calendar can be found here. Tuesdays in March will be made available for make up rides if needed. We can't control the weather!
- Communication about ride locations and meeting spots will take place via TeamSnap. Once registered, you will receive an invite to join the TeamSnap group. Don't forget to download the app!
Mandatory Bike and Gear Requirements:
- A modern fatbike with minimum 4” studded tires. E-fatbikes are welcome, but dress extra warm as you’ll be waiting for the rest of us!
- Bar light (ideally over 1600 lumens, wide beam).
- Headlight (ideally over 1200 lumens, spotlight/narrow beam, NOT a camping headlight)
- Bike or ski/snowboard helmet.
- Weather-appropriate boots and clothing.
- Pogies, bar mitts, or VERY warm gloves.
- Riding pack containing extra layers, tools, pump, innertube, insulated water bottle, snacks and basic first aid supplies.
- A dry change of clothes for the end of the ride.