Ages 12 to 15
If you have a young rider who is looking to elevate their riding, increase their endurance and confidently ride intermediate to advanced terrain & features - this is the right program!
CONFIDENCE. ENDURANCE. PERFORMANCE.
Suitable for ages 12-15 who are confident riders.
- Participants must be a minimum Level 3 on our Youth Skills Level Guide.
Our Youth Performance Program has been developed by highly experienced mountain bike coaches with backgrounds in outdoor education and running youth mountain bike camps.
Our coaches are passionate and excited to help create the next generation of mountain bikers!
- The goal of this program is to create an environment where our professional coaches can teach youth how to ride better, smoother and faster.
Our aim is to develop each student's ability to think about their own riding, build on their fundamental skills and become lifelong mountain bikers.
We will emphasize fun, smart decision making, and teamwork as key components to help intermediate riders become more comfortable on technical trails, ride larger trail features, and develop their ability to tackle any type of terrain.
Here's what we want your child to take away from the program:
- Feeling more comfortable on loose/ steep terrain.
- Able to ride blue size jumps and drops with confidence.
- A better understanding of fast, flowy, and safe lines down a trail.
- Increased stamina and endurance on uphill climbs, with the reward the best downhill rides of your life!
- Better decision making skills when on new trails/ features.
- Participants are required to have a performance oriented mountain bike with front suspension, hydraulic brakes and adequate gearing for climbing.
- Full suspension bikes are recommended.
- Participants must have enough endurance to sustain moderate climbing and to be able to complete an 8-10km loop in under 2 hours.
- See the description for Level 3 on our Youth Skills Level Guide.
- Our program consists of 3 rides per week for 3 consecutive weeks.
- Two evening rides on Tuesday & Thursday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm in Calgary.
- Full day on Saturday from 9:00am to 3:30pm at West Bragg Creek/Moose Mountain.
- Participants will receive a total of 36 hours of coaching over the 3 week program.
- A calendar of the schedule can be found here.
- July 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21 and 23
The 3 week program is 650 + GST for each participant.
- Small program with low coach to rider ratio - maximum of 6 riders per coach.
Our experienced coaches are PMBIA certified and have extensive experience coaching children in the Calgary area.
A well tuned bike
Closed toed shoes, preferably something flat like a skate shoe
Other protective equipment like knee pads, elbow pads and sunglasses is recommended
Participants must have a way to carry their own snacks and water. (e.g. backpack or bottle cage & bike bag)
WHAT TO BRING
Snacks and water. (Food sharing is not allowed)
Warm, lightweight layers.
Waterproof shell / jacket.
Sun screen and bug spray.
Please feel free to get in touch. We would be happy to help you out!
You can find our full cancellation and refund policy on our Terms and Conditions page. We require 48 hours notice before the session starts to provide a refund in the event of a cancellation. Extra notice is appreciated!
Ready to register? Click here!