UPDATE: Weekend Progression Series dates have changed.
In light of current developments, we have decided to postpone our programs. See below for the new dates. While there is the possibly of riding soon, we need to wait for the appropriate permits from Parks, which have been delayed. Further, we feel it is best to wait a few extra weeks to avoid early season crowds, adverse trail conditions and changing guidelines regarding outdoor operations. This gives us time to update our operating procedures to keep clients safe. Rest assured that safety is our priority.
Weekend Progression Series - 2020
These sessions run on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9 AM - noon. We'll work together to improve your mountain biking skills and get you ready for the riding season!
Who are these sessions for?
- Adults [18+]
- Weekend Skill Series are perfect for mountain bikers who want to improve their riding in a short period of time.
- They are divided into Level 1-2, Level 2-3 and Level 3-4.
- Not sure what level is best for you? Check out the Rider Level Guide.
About the Sessions
Level 1-2 and 2-3 in West Bragg Creek: Focused on the basics - body position, bike handling and cornering. Designed to build confidence with new riders. Sessions will be at WBC and will be on green or blue trails.
Level 3-4 on Prospector: Introduction to riding new and varied terrain. Prospector has many different line choices and options to challenge riders. Day one will be an introduction to riding technical terrain and the skills required. Day 2 will give us an opportunity to challenge riders on familiar terrain and grow confidence on blue/black trails.
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 AM - noon both days.
- Level 1-2 will be run on June 20/21 weekend.
- Level 2-3 will be run on both the June 20/21 and June 27/28 weekend.
- Level 3-4 will be run on the June 27/28 weekend.
We'll add more dates based on demand. If you and a few friends want to do a series together, let us know and we'll try to make it happen!
Location and Weather
- Levels 1-2 and 2-3 will typically ride the West Bragg Creek trails, SW of Calgary
- Level 3-4 will usually ride Prospector in Exshaw, which has excellent intermediate to advanced terrain.
- Rides go rain or shine, but if we feel that conditions are hazardous, we'll reschedule.
- $190.00 per series
- a mountain bike in good mechanical condition
- a properly fitting and functional bicycle helmet
- Optional, but strongly recommended:
- Food and water - it's hard to learn skills when you're hungry and thirsty.
- Spare tube, pump, bike tool - it's always a good idea to have the items you need to fix your bike [we'll help]. Riding is more fun than walking!
- Special items - bug spray, sunscreen, etc. We carry some of this stuff, but not much, and it might not be your favourite brand.
- Someplace to put your stuff - a small backpack works great for putting your food, water, tube, pump, tools, etc. into
Details for the session will be sent to you via email approximately 1 week prior to the session start date.