We are now offering fatbike group rides! It has been a long time coming. Coach Grayson, a level 2 certified PMBIA coach and experienced winter mountain biker, will be leading rides beginning January 17th.
What is the winter Season Pass?
Our winter Season Pass is a fatbike specific group ride for those who don’t believe that biking has a ‘season’. The winter Season Pass is designed for Level 2+ riders (see rider level guide) as a no-drop, fun-first, adventure-focused ride to keep your skills and fitness a little less rusty. Rides will take you to some ‘winter only’ trails, as well as some classics which you might not have thought possible in the snow.
Fatbiking in the winter is very different than mountain biking in the summer, especially in our area where we see a lot of freeze/thaw cycles. We have made a list of mandatory equipment as well as some suggested items to get you prepared.
- A modern fatbike with minimum 4” studded tires. E-fatbikes are welcome, but dress extra warm as you’ll be waiting for the rest of us!
- Bar light (ideally over 1600 lumens, wide beam).
- Headlight (ideally over 1200 lumens, spotlight/narrow beam, NOT a camping headlight)
- Bike specific helmet.
- Weather-appropriate boots and clothing
- Pogies, bar mitts, or VERY warm gloves.
- Riding pack containing extra layers, tools, pump, innertube, insulated water bottle, snacks and basic first aid supplies.
- A dry change of clothes for the end of the ride.
The Season's Pass is 145$ + GST. This gets you 10 x 2.5 hour guided rides with a professional coach and 2.5 hours of direct instruction over the course of the season.
- Rides take place every Tuesday between January 17th and March 21st. March 28 and April 4 will be made available for make up rides if needed. We can't control the weather!
- Rides will start at 6pm and last for approximately 2.5 hours.
If you are ready to register, click here!
On top of excellent guides and fun rides, YYCMTB provides some other benefits to Season's Pass holders:
- Discounts at Ridley's Cycle! Members receive 10% off full priced regular bikes*, 5% off e-bikes*, 15% off full priced parts and accessories and 5% off trainers and electronics.
*Capped to a total discount of 1000$/bike.
How to redeem your benefits:
Once you sign up, we will set you up in Ridley's system to automatically receive your discount! This may take a couple days. For all other promotions, Contact Us and we'll get you a discount code.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out about ride locations, weather cancellations and changes?
- We use TeamSnap to schedule all of our rides. It's an easy to use online app that has worked very well for us. Once you sign up, you will receive instructions on how to use team snap.
Can I share my pass with a friend?
- Sorry, passes are not transferable.
Is the Season's Pass program kid friendly?
- The Season's Pass program is meant for adults. We do offer other child specific programming though!