Weekly Challenge Series - 2020
The Series runs on 3 consecutive weekday evenings, 2 hours per night. Each night works different skills. Each night we work on a skill set and then apply those skills on the trail.
Who are these Series for?
- Weekly Series are perfect for mountain bikers who want to improve their riding, but can't commit to a whole weekend.
- They are divided into Level 1-2, Level 2-3 and Level 3-4.
- Not sure what level is best for you? Check out the Rider Level Guide.
About the Series
Level 1-2 and 2-3: Focused on the basics - body position, bike handling and cornering. Designed to build confidence, we will be on green or blue trails.
Level 3-4: Riding more varied terrain, taking more challenging lines on technical blue and black trails
- Level 1-2 will be run on July 14, 21 and 28.
- Level 2-3 will be run on July 15, 22 and 29 as well as August 11, 18 and 25.
- Level 3-4 will be run on August 12, 19, 26.
We'll add more dates based on demand. If you and a few friends want to do a series together, let us know and we'll try to make it happen!
Location and Weather
- Levels 1-2 and 2-3 will typically ride the West Bragg Creek trails, SW of Calgary
- Level 3-4 will usually ride Prospector in Exshaw, which has excellent intermediate to advanced terrain.
- Rides go rain or shine, but if we feel that conditions are hazardous, we'll reschedule.
- $190.00 per series
- a mountain bike in good mechanical condition
- a properly fitting and functional bicycle helmet
- Optional, but strongly recommended:
- Food and water - it's hard to learn skills when you're hungry and thirsty.
- Spare tube, pump, bike tool - it's always a good idea to have the items you need to fix your bike [we'll help]. Riding is more fun than walking!
- Special items - bug spray, sunscreen, etc. We carry some of this stuff, but not much, and it might not be your favourite brand.
- Someplace to put your stuff - a small backpack works great for putting your food, water, tube, pump, tools, etc. into
Details for your Series will be sent to you via email approximately 1 week prior to the start date.