Weeknight Skills Series - 2021
This series runs on 3 consecutive weekday evenings for 2 hours per night. Each night we work on the development and application of different skills. This is a development focused program with lots of drills and coaching. If you are looking to work on our riding fundamentals, this is for you!
Who are these Series for?
- Weekly Series are perfect for mountain bikers who want to improve their riding, but can't commit to a whole weekend.
- They are divided into Level 1-2 and Level 2-3.
- Not sure what level is best for you? Check out the Rider Level Guide.
About the Series
Level 1-2: Focused on the basics - body position, bike handling and cornering. Designed to build confidence.
Level 2-3: Review of the basics and progression to more advanced skills. Skills will be applied on intermediate terrain.
Dates and Times
- Level 1/2 - June 1, 8 and 15 at 630pm
- Level 2/3 - June 2, 9 and 16 at 630pm
- Level 2/3 - June 3, 10 and 17 at 630pm
We'll add more dates based on demand. If you and a few friends want to do a series together, let us know and we'll try to make it happen!
Location and Weather
- Levels 1-2 and 2-3 will typically ride the West Bragg Creek trails, SW of Calgary. Trails are chosen based on conditions. We will reach out if we have change location prior to the session.
- Rides go rain or shine, but if we feel that conditions are hazardous, we'll reschedule.
- $200 per series
- a mountain bike in good mechanical condition
- a properly fitting and functional bicycle helmet
- Optional, but strongly recommended:
- Food and water - it's hard to learn skills when you're hungry and thirsty.
- Spare tube, pump, bike tool - it's always a good idea to have the items you need to fix your bike [we'll help]. Riding is more fun than walking!
- Special items - bug spray, sunscreen, etc. We carry some of this stuff, but not much, and it might not be your favourite brand.
- Someplace to put your stuff - a small backpack works great for putting your food, water, tube, pump, tools, etc. into
Details for your Series will be sent to you via email approximately 1 week prior to the start date.