Terms and Conditions
Thanks for looking at YYCMTB’s Terms and Conditions! There are some key things listed here, and they are worth a read. Everyone participating in YYCMTB activities agrees to abide by the following terms, conditions and guidelines:
- Part of good guiding is providing a positive environment for all riders. To that end, YYCMTB does not tolerate discriminatory, racist or sexist comments and/or activities used against its coaches or clients. Further, YYCMTB has a strict policy against the use of drugs and alcohol on any rides. Any participants engaging in such behavior will be expunged/expurgated/removed from the ride at the sole discretion of the lead guide, and will not be provided a refund or credit. Play nice with others.
- All participants in YYCMTB activities agree to follow the instructions of the lead guide. If you are told not to ride a particular trail, attempt a particular maneuver, etc., it’s because the guide doesn’t think it’s appropriate for your skills and abilities, and they want to keep you safe.
Payment, Refunds, Credits
- Payment is due at the time of booking. This helps ensure that we all show up for the ride.
- Payment is only permitted via Paypal, which takes major credit cards via its secure service. Your credit card information is never stored on this website, nor does YYCMTB have direct access to it.
- If YYCMTB cannot lead the skill session and/or guided ride at the scheduled time, your payment will be promptly refunded, typically within 24 hours.
- Common reasons for not being able to move forward with a session include aggressive wildlife, severe storms, facility closure and severe medical/mechanical issues.
- Wet trails typically do not require cancellation of a session.
- For any multi-day sessions/series, if YYCMTB cannot lead a particular day’s session, a partial refund will be offered [for example, if the third day in a 3-day Challenge series cannot be safely conducted even after the first two days have been completed, a refund of 1/3 the total value of the series will be provided]
- If participants cannot attend the booked skill session and/or guided ride, YYCMTB will be happy to provide full credit and reschedule the booking to a better time that works for both parties – 48 hours notice prior to the start of the booking is required for rescheduling. There is no rescheduling fee. If notice of rescheduling is provided less than 48 hours prior to the start of the booking, no refund or credit will be provided.
Images and Likeness
- YYCMTB may capture images and video of participants in YYCMTB activities. All participants agree to the use of their image and likeness by YYCMTB. This will typically take the form of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/website posts showing the participants having fun. YYCMTB will not sell any participant’s likeness without their express written permission, specifically, a model release.
- Prior to engaging in any YYCMTB activities, all participants must complete waivers and other forms as requested by YYCMTB. Copies of these forms are provided on the Forms page of this website for review. If a participant does not wish to complete the forms as requested, they will not be allowed to participate in the activity. Please read the forms and contact YYCMTB if there are issues.