From time to time, the herd needs to be thinned. Items for sale will be posted here, and will remain up until sold [unless I forget to take them down – oops!]. All prices are negotiable unless otherwise stated. No GST unless otherwise stated. Items for sale are as-is, and no warranty is implied or offered unless otherwise stated. Delivery in the Calgary area is included. Buyer pays shipping outside the Calgary area.
If you have questions, please let me know.
Shimano XT 9-speed Brake/Shift Combo Lever – $ OFFERS
Give your sweet vintage whip the upgrade it deserves! These sweet, high-performance shift/brake units came off a 2004 Trek 8500. Amazingly, these sweet units still work great. They’re totally sweet! Unclutter your 685mm bars and unleash the sweet stopping power and satisfying shifts – 3 up front, 9 in the back!
Clik Elite Venture 30 Photography Pack – $100 OBO
Used for 1 trip to the Yukon in 2014, it’s been gathering dust since then. No rips or tears, all zippers, straps, buckles in perfect shape. Will hold a full-size DSLR with zoom [such as a Canon 5D with 70-200] with room for extra lenses, strobes, etc. Smaller stash pocket for cards and cables, larger main compartment with room for a jacket, lunch, etc. Well-padded and sturdy shoulder straps and hip belt. Room for a 3L hydration bladder [not included]. Retail was $239.99 CAD.
SRAM Guide RSC Brakeset + Rotor, etc. –
This brake set has a whopping 60km of trail riding on them. Excellent condition. Includes 180mm rotor, mount adaptors, bolts. First $200.00 takes them.
For Sale – Chromag Monk –
$1150 OBO SOLD!
The Chromag Monk is a DJ/pumptrack bike, and is tough as nails. The frame and fork are in great shape, wheels are true, all components in great shape. I’m not sure what else can be said – the Monk is one of the most-loved DJ bikes out there. Now that the Chestermere and Fish Creek bike parks are open, you need one of these…
For Sale – Ibis Mojo HD –
$2500 OBO SOLD!!!
This excellent bike has been my pride and joy since I built it from the frame up in the spring of 2013. Lots of reviews of the HD are around, but they can be summed up as “kicks ass”. The HD has done duty as my all-around mountain bike. You can read more about it here, but I’ll note some key things:
- Travel: 160mm [6.3″] rear, 180mm/140mm front [TALAS adjustable fork]
- Size: Large – will fit somebody from around 5’8″ to 6′ depending on how much reach you want and how long your legs are.
- The Cane Creek Double Barrel Air [CCDBA] rear shock had a full rebuild completed by Suspensionwerx in November. The bike has not been used since then, so you are getting a very fresh shock.
- The saddle was kind of rough, so I put a new one on.
- When the shock was off for service, I gave the frame a clean and a check. All pivots are smooth and free of play. No cracks or frame damage. There are scuffs and such here and there, but nothing major.
- The Wolftooth 42T rear cog was replaced by a OneUp 42 T this summer, so it’s fairly fresh and works just as well.
- Carbon rims are in great shape, no cracks or weirdness.
- The rear hub is a Hope Pro 4, added in June 2016
Reason for selling – it’s time for a new bike.
For Sale – Norco Aurum Frame + Shocks + Wheels + Tires –
$850 OBO SOLD!!!
s a package deal for my Aurum frame plus some stuff to go with it. If you’ve trashed your old DH bike or need a spare, this can get you up and rolling. The 63.5° head angle is nice and slack, and the bike handles incredibly well at speed.
- Norco Aurum 1 frame, size medium. No dents or cracks, lots of scratches, but nothing hideous. Includes headset [turns smoothly], rear axle. All pivots and linkages are smooth and free of play.
- Cane Creek Double Barrel Air and Rock Shox Vivid Coil R2C rear shocks. Both of these shocks are in excellent condition, and fit this frame and all Aurums from 2012-2016.
- Wheelset – Sun hubs laced to Sun Inferno 29 rims, includes tires with tubes. The rear hub spacing is 157 and fits this frame.
- Seat and seatpost are not included, but if you really want them…