Weekly Challenge Series
The Challenge Series is 3 consecutive Thursday evenings, 2 hours per night. Each night hits a different trail and works different skills. Cornering, control, air, tech, etc. will be covered at different points across the three sessions.
At the end of each series, everyone gets a personalized progression report so you know what you’ve achieved and what you can focus on for continued improvement. Later, we’ll send you a feedback form so you can let us know what you liked and what we need to improve on. If you have questions about what you learned, feel free to contact us at any time.
Who is the Weekly Challenge Series for?
- Adults [18+]
- This series of skill development nights is ideal for strong Level 2 riders who want to push themselves, and Level 3 riders who want to fine-tune technique. Rider Level Guide
- Busy riders who can’t always dedicate a chunk of time on the weekend.
Each session will focus on different aspects of mountain biking. Since we’ll have less time, sessions will concentrate on more specific aspects of riding:
- Cornering – flat corners, bermed corners, off-camber corners
- Technical terrain – roots, rocks, etc.
- Air – wheels off the ground
Thursdays, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Challenge Series #1 – May 25, June 1, June 8COMPLETE Challenge Series #2 – June 15, June 22, June 29COMPLETE Challenge Series #3 – July 6, July 13, July 20COMPLETE Challenge Series #4 – August 3, August 10, August 17COMPLETE Challenge Series #5 – August 24, August 31, September 7IN PROGRESS
- 1 [one] mountain bike in good mechanical condition
- 1 [one] properly fitting and functional [no hairnets, Bell V1-Pro, Vetta, etc.] bicycle helmet.
- Optional, but strongly recommended:
- Food and water – it’s hard to learn skills when you’re hungry and thirsty.
- Spare tube, pump, bike tool – it’s always a good idea to have the items you need to fix your bike [we’ll help]. Riding is more fun than walking!
- Special items – bug spray, sunscreen, etc. We carry some of this stuff, but not much, and it might not be your favourite brand.
- Someplace to put your stuff – a small backpack works great for putting your food, water, tube, pump, tools, etc. into. You can also get bags for your bike that work quite well off-road.
Details for the session will be sent to you via email approximately 1 week prior to the session start date.